Prévu pour Juin 23-28, 2011 au « New Orleans » aux Etats-Unis, « The 2011 ALA Annual conference » est l’un des plus grands événements à l’échelon international dans le domaine des bibliothèques. L’événement réunit plus de 25 000 bibliothécaires, éducateurs, auteurs, éditeurs, spécialistes de l’alphabétisation, illustrateurs et les principaux fournisseurs du marché de l’édition, la conférence est une occasion pour les professionnels des bibliothèques pour améliorer leurs carrières.
- Newsmaker: Jason Reynolds April 12, 2018This year’s theme for School Library Month is “Making Connections at Your School Library.” You’ve said reading the lyrics to Queen Latifah’s 1993 album Black Reign changed your life and inspired you to start writing poetry. When students connect with and see themselves in the music, multimedia, and books they read, it changes their relationship with reading […]Amy Carlton
- National Library Workers Day 2018 April 10, 2018And every year since 2004, the American Library Association (ALA) has celebrated librarians, support staff, and others for their valuable contributions on National Library Workers Day (NLWD), which this year falls on Tuesday, April 10. The American Library Association–Allied Professional Association (ALA–APA) asked patrons throughout the US to nominate stell […]Amy Carlton
- A Conversation with Authors Catherine Soehner and Ann Darling March 21, 2018What made you want to write about this topic? We wanted to write it because we were both terrible at having difficult conversations. Catherine’s initial attempts led to people being angry and defensive. Or she chose to ignore problems, which made these situations worse. Ann had conversations but failed to address the real issues, so … Continue reading A Conv […]Phil Morehart
- In a Virtual World March 1, 2018Throughout this period of growth and expansion, libraries and librarians have once again demonstrated their adaptability to new information formats and user needs with moves that reflect the various directions VR has moved. Whether it is classroom use of Google Expeditions, new educational spaces and lending programs on academic campuses, or a demonstrated c […]Laurie Borman
- Newsmaker: Jason Reynolds April 12, 2018
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Dictator Literature by Daniel Kalder review – the deathly prose of dicklitMein Kampf is drivel, but what about Stalin’s poetry and Mussolini’s bodice-ripper? And does an autocrat lurk within every dreadful writer?I enjoyed this book a great deal – not least because for a long text that is itself a series of summaries of many other still lengthier texts, it’s actually a rather snappy read. And all the snappier when you come to cons […]Will Self
- Top 10 books about council housingPublic housing in the UK improved the lives of millions, but has left little trace in literature. John Boughton unlocks the door to the unsung history of council homesWell over a third of Britons lived in council homes at their peak in the early 1980s, and yet the subject of public housing is hardly to be found on bookshelves. There is some good academic wri […]John Boughton
- Passages from the Bible discovered behind Qur'an manuscriptThe only recorded palimpsest in which a Christian text has been effaced to make way for the Islamic holy text is to go on sale at Christie’s An “extraordinary” discovery by an eagle-eyed scholar has identified the shadowy outlines of passages from the Bible behind an eighth-century manuscript of the Qur’an – the only recorded palimpsest in which a Christian […]Alison Flood
- Dictator Literature by Daniel Kalder review – the deathly prose of dicklit
- Patron-Relationship Management System Helps Libraries Get to the PointIn the brief time that Patron Point has been in business, it has targeted well-established public libraries that want to fine-tune their marketing. This turnkey program works with data from the library's existing automated services, creating systematic email and web campaigns and value-added analytics.
- Publishers Partner With ResearchGate to Improve Sharing of Scholarly ContentSpringer Nature, Cambridge University Press, Thieme, and ResearchGate teamed up to make it easier to legally share academic journal articles on ResearchGate's collaboration platform.
- OverDrive and SirsiDynix Get Library Cards Into More HandsOverDrive integrated its Instant Digital Card (IDC) service into SirsiDynix. IDC creates a digital library card in less than 30 seconds to give people access to ebooks and audiobooks through OverDrive's websites and Libby app.
- Patron-Relationship Management System Helps Libraries Get to the Point