August 2017 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- An Interview with Retiring ALA Executive Director Fiels July 28, 2017What plans do you have for retirement? My game plan is to get a studio and do some painting. I have put this aside for many years—maybe since grad school. Lately I’ve been doing a little bit of work in en plein air oils. I like to have an easel in the back of my car and … Continue reading An Interview with Retiring ALA Executive Director Fiels → The post An […]Sanhita SinhaRoy
- A Conversation with Author Jeffrey T. Davis July 25, 2017Davis is branch manager at San Diego Public Library. An excerpt from his book was published in the July/August issue of American Libraries. What made you want to write this book? When I first saw what Contra Costa County (Calif.) Library was doing with its Discover and Go ticketed pass program, it seemed like such a big … Continue reading A Conversation with […]Phil Morehart
- 2017 Annual Conference Wrap-Up July 19, 2017Teens and tots At the Opening General Session, Girls Who Code founder Reshma Saujani kicked things off with a few startling statistics: Last year, the United States graduated 40,000 computer science majors for 500,000 open jobs. Only one in four American high schools offer computer science as part of the curriculum. And today, only 18% … Continue reading 201 […]Terra Dankowski
- Tech Power July 19, 2017I probably spend more time in the exhibit hall than most conference attendees—you may have seen me browsing the aisles or rushing to my next appointment. The meetings I have with company executives and product experts inform much of my research and writing for months to come as a chronicler of the library technology industry. … Continue reading Tech Power → […]George Eberhart
- An Interview with Retiring ALA Executive Director Fiels July 28, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Robert Webb: ‘I was never very good at being a boy’In this extract from his new memoir, the comedian and actor revisits a village childhood overshadowed by the violent temper of his father and the premature death of his mother. Below, he talks to Alex ClarkMy first home was a house called Slieve Moyne in the village of Woodhall Spa, in Lincolnshire. In later years I would think of the place as Tatooine, the […]Robert Webb
- Nicole Krauss: ‘The self is more or less an invention from beginning to end’The American author talks about setting her new novel in Tel Aviv – and why she brought Kafka into itNicole Krauss is an internationally bestselling author. Her novel, The History of Love, (2005) was shortlisted for the Orange, Médicis and Femina prizes and won France’s Prix du Meilleur Livre Étranger. In 2007, she was selected as one of Granta’s best young […]Erica Wagner
- How we feel about Freud: Susie Orbach and Frederick Crews debate his legacyCrews, an academic, thinks psychoanalysis is an unscientific jumble of ideas, while psychoanalyst Orbach would prefer not to throw the baby out with the patriarchal biasFor a century or more, Sigmund Freud has cast a long shadow not just over the field of psychoanalysis but over the entire way we think of ourselves as human beings. His theory of the unconsci […]Susie Orbach and Frederick Crews
- Robert Webb: ‘I was never very good at being a boy’
- AWS Rolls Out Security Service for Personal DataAmazon Web Services (AWS) launched Amazon Macie, a security service that uses machine learning to discover, classify, and protect customers' data, such as personally identifiable information and intellectual property.
- Alexander Street Is Your Ticket to BroadwayAlexander Street is now offering The BroadwayHD Collection, a resource on the performing arts from BroadwayHD, which distributes to libraries around the world exclusively through Alexander Street.
- Ex Libris Group Updates SummonEx Libris Group announced a new release of Summon, which has subject-term searches (subject-term links are now part of Summon results and catalog detail pages).
- AWS Rolls Out Security Service for Personal Data
Category Archives: Vidéos
Chaque mois, l’émission raconte une histoire d’hyper concurrence, combat d’un nouveau genre dans lequel les acteurs, entreprises ou Etats, s’affrontent sans merci. Débat avec un invité en plateau. Intelligence économique, hyper concurrence, enjeux stratégiques, guerre économique… Une enquête présentée par … Continue reading