April 2017 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Soufrière Young Authors Project April 28, 2017The Soufrière Young Authors project has published six books since its first workshop in April 2016. Its goal is to produce all of its students’ books and distribute them widely on the 27-mile-long island. Peace Corps volunteer Grace Kilbane and Soufrière Public Library Librarian Catherine Prospere developed the project as a way to increase literacy … Continu […]Amy Carlton
- How to Protect Patrons’ Digital Privacy April 21, 2017“The librarian profession cares a great deal about the public’s right to privacy, and this is a very serious erosion of that,” says Alison Macrina. Macrina is director of Library Freedom Project, an organization that educates librarians about privacy-related rights and tools. “It means that whatever ISP we use in the library is now privy … Continue reading H […]Amy Carlton
- Greetings from the Newberry Library April 17, 2017For the first five days of her first job out of college, as an intern for the Lake County Discovery Museum in Wauconda, Illinois, Hamilton-Smith oversaw the transfer and preservation of about 2.5 million postcards and related materials. Each item held a different degree of historical significance, none of them were cataloged, and all were … Continue reading […]George Eberhart
- Newsmaker: Julie Foudy April 11, 2017Where did the title Choose to Matter come from? It comes from a summer leadership academy we’ve been doing for 10-plus years, which is a combination of sports and leadership woven together for a weeklong residential camp. Our tagline is “Choose to Matter” with the kids, because our message is that leadership is personal, not … Continue reading Newsmaker: Jul […]Phil Morehart
- Soufrière Young Authors Project April 28, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Tory MP's complaint that prize for writers of colour was unfair to whites dismissedPhilip Davies had complained to the Equality and Human Rights Commission that the Jhalak prize breached discrimination rulesA Conservative MP who claimed that a book prize set up to address the lack of diversity in British publishing was discriminatory against white people has had his complaint dismissed.Philip Davies, Conservative MP for Shipley, wrote to t […]Danuta Kean
- The story behind F Scott Fitzgerald's lost short storiesValuable insights into the troubled author’s life emerge from his meticulous scrapbooks of reviews, photographs, letters and ephemera, writes his editorIn June 2015, the trustees of the Fitzgerald estate invited me to edit a collection of F Scott Fitzgerald’s last unpublished short stories. Scribner, his publisher for his whole career, would be bringing out […]Anne Margaret Daniel
- The Correspondence by JD Daniels review – blackly comic verveThese essays by a young American writer are wrongly advertised as reinventing masculinity but prove to be funny and disturbingIn the first three pages of The Correspondence, a tightly written, often brilliant, occasionally exasperating collection of essays by the American writer JD Daniels, we are treated to a jockstrap, some football players, a gymnasium, p […]J Robert Lennon
- Tory MP's complaint that prize for writers of colour was unfair to whites dismissed
- WikiTribune Aims to Distribute 'News by the People and for the People'According to The Guardian, Wikipedia's co-founder, Jimmy Wales, "is launching a new online publication which will aim to fight fake news by pairing professional journalists with an army of volunteer community contributors."
- PubFactory Adds Altmetric FunctionalityPubFactory partnered with Altmetric to give authors, readers, and editors real-time insights into how people are engaging with their research publications.
- W3C Expands Its MOOCs Program
Tag Archives: opportunités
Votre entreprise à l’écoute de son environnement !!!! Inondées par un tas d’informations par si et par là, les entreprises n’arrivent plus à dégager les informations dont elles ont besoin pour conquérir de nouveaux marchés, c’est à dire des informations stratégiques … Continue reading